The MoovKids program can empower you to improve the physical and academic abilities of your children through movement.
Today educators face the challenge of identifying age and skill-appropriate activities, how to teach them in a fun and effective way and how to keep children engaged, focused and learning.
MoovKids focuses on these challenges and core areas by:
- Suggesting the optimal age and skill-appropriate activities for children at varying levels of physical, social and cognitive levels of development
- Providing strategies to engage children’s attention and then sustaining that focus on academic areas of learning
- Offering innovative teaching methods to aid class management to maximum benefit
- Addressing learning and social difficulties as well as the growing lack of physical and emotional energy evident in many children
- Shifting attention from the stimulation of various modern technical devices that have children entranced.
By teaching the tailor-made lessons that engage and stimulate the whole child your students will benefit immensely. The professional development MoovKids provides will educate and inspire you to make that much-needed difference to the physical development of your early learners.
The MoovKids activities can be implemented into your childcare environment in multiple ways.
- An instructional video or photos
- Clear precise written instructions
- Level progression suggestions
- Safety tips
- Equipment quantities and guidance
- Group type and activity type lists
- Environmental and space allocation
- The physical, sensory and cognitive benefits of each activity
- A printable lesson guide for easy reference
It is crucial for us to remember that it is movement that develops the brain in the first years of life. Continued regular movement enhances the capacity, structure and function of the brain.
Regular movement improves concentration and focus!
As educators, we aim to develop and nurture the “whole child”: their physical, social, emotional and cognitive dimensions. Research indicates that free movement and play are critical for brain development and that regular movement enhances brain function, especially during the early childhood years. The positive effects of regular movement for overall health and well-being are well documented. Movement is an effective countermeasure against the stress and anxiety, low energy and obesity challenges that so many children face in our modern world.
MoovKids lessons provide opportunities for children to develop physical and social skills while building muscle strength, flexibility, stamina and core strength. Their balance, proprioceptive and sensory systems all benefit from regular movement. This improves their ability to settle and focus in class, enhancing their academic performance and learning.
Let’s get our kids moving and learning, confident, coordinated and strong!
Happy Toddlers is an English Kindergarten and we work with children of 3 – 6 years of age.
A very important part of Early Childhood Education is to give children the opportunity to practice physical activities to promote their gross motor skills. Although we make a great effort to support this area, our kindergarten has limited space. Going to Moovkids has been so easy. Darlene has created a friendly atmosphere where children immediately feel inspired and are always eager to do the wide variety of MoovKids activities that she has planned. Darlene has endless ideas, fun tools and a gift to work with little children.
We have already noticed a great change in our children's gross motor abilities and the benefits go beyond that. The children’s confidence in their abilities reflects in other areas as well, especially the social and cognitive areas, not to mention that our children continue practicing English while exercising with her.
We both, staff and parents are very happy with the results.
Thank you Darlene!
Moovkids is a fabulous programme for children of all abilities. The lesson plans are clear, well thought through and easy to follow. Darlene has created a series of videos alongside so that even the most nervous/inexperienced teacher can feel confident that they can successfully implement the programme. Her attention to detail reveals a passion for movement that shines through. Our teachers have loved the ease of using the programme, and the children have benefitted immensely from more movement activities. I highly recommend this programme.